Private Ephesus Archaeology Tour
- Ephesus Archeology Tour is a unique concept designed for travelers interested in the archeological, mythological, and historical aspects of Ephesus and the surrounding historical sites. The tour guide's lectures are focused on this particular concept. Unlike other Ephesus tours, the Terrace Houses and the Ephesus Museum are included in the itinerary. If you join this tour, you will get interesting information on topics such as Roman engineering and architecture, civil and public buildings, daily life in Ephesus, Roman mosaics, frescoes and statues, the stories behind the mythological figures found in Ephesus, rituals, and practices of pagan worship, emperor worship and so on...
- The legendary tour of Ephesus includes the ancient city of Ephesus, which was once the most important trading center in western Anatolia, the House of the Virgin Mary, where Mary spent her last day, and the Basilica of St. John, where it is believed that the evangelist John spent his last years in the region around Ephesus and was buried on the southern slopes of Ayosolug Hill, and the Temple of Artemis, known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. In addition, in Ephesus, you will see Harbor Street, the Theater, the Marble Street, the Celsus Library, the Mithridates and the Mazues Gates, the Trade Agora, the Latrine, the Hadrian Temple, the Scolastica Baths, the Trojan Fountain, the Kuretes Street, the Polio Fountain, the Memnius Monument, the Domitian Temple, the Prytaneion, Odeon and the Terrace Houses of the State Agora, where the Romans built their rich houses decorated with beautiful and unique frescoes and mosaics about mythological stories, the Ephesus Museum where all the artifacts of the excavations of Ephesus are kept and exhibited today. Optionally, you can attend a cultural demonstration of Turkish handicrafts and go shopping.
- This tour needs a minimum of 2 hours of walking. We recommend wearing comfortable shoes. Ephesus is an ancient city and can be very hot throughout summer days. We supply umbrellas to our guests as complimentary.
- We do not require pre-payment to confirm reservation, Your tour guide will have pre purchased skip-the-line tickets in order to not wait in the long line, the payment can be done in cash at the end of the tour.
Kusadasi Port or Kusadasi and Selcuk Hotels
Ephesus Ancient City - Virgin Mary House - Terrace Houses - Ephesus Museum - St. John Basilica - Artemis Temple
- Professional Tour Guide
- Private De-Luxe Vehicles
- Parking Fee
- All taxes
- Pick up and Drop of
- Local Lunch
- Beverages at Lunch
- Entrance Fees (Tickets are pre-purchased to skip the line)
- Unlimited bottled water.
- Sun Protection UV Umbrella